POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : showing tail : Re: showing tail Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: showing tail
From: Charles C
Date: 29 Jun 2007 14:10:01
Message: <web.4685499988e7aaf7e94cc5130@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if this variation is much better.

I think the white here looks a little flat.  Is there a trick to getting
highlights to show up on white?  Yellow looked flat too.

A checker pattern between <1,.5,1> and <0,0,0> was the pattern used to help
control the overall-chroma that I'd been feeding into the macro which
selects which texture each scale uses, (the macro only cares about the
..y/green value for this pattern). But when I switched to using that pigment
directly the color reminded me of the plastic spoons at a certain chain of
ice-cream shops.  OTOH highlights did show up pretty well on that color.

Charles

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tail b and w.jpg' (310 KB)